Saturday, January 07, 2006

to my future daughter - one day

Insulated you in my womb,
preotected you.

Your tug at my breast,
nutrified you.

Picked you up when you fell,
soothed you.

Cradled you when you sobbed,
comforted you.

Then, you grew up.

When you cried,
you pushed me aside.

When you fell,
you were to proud for my soothing.

You were, too grown up for my touch.

I played your game, though
it broke my heart.

A decked up bride tonight,
you look so beautiful.

Things are full circle,
now i'm sobbing in your arms.

You grew up, my baby,
but i never let you grow away.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely! marvellous!! Touching !!!

sailesh999 said...

I just happened to see this lovely poem today...what you wrote were a mother's feelings for a child...Interestingly, I wrote a poem of a child's feelings for his mother.. check out - "Maai Tu Raha Hamare Paas" on my blog :)

Anonymous said...

Has it ever occured to you that your mother probably has exactly the same feelings that you so touchingly imagine you will have in the future?
Btw, I'm NOT your mother.